Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Quoting Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>:

> > I'm concearned about this because we are going to switch our
> > fist server to a Journaling FS (on Linux).  Searching and asking
> > I found out that for our short term work we need ReiserFS (it's
> > for a proxy server).  Put the interesting thing was that for
> > large (very large) files, everybody recomends XFS.  The drawback
> > of XFS is that it's very, very sloooow when deleting files.
>
> Why do all these file systems seem to have one major negative?

In the case of XFS they told me that it was slow deleting, but I guess that they
were trying to tell me that reiser would do the job on a proxy cache better then
XFS.
Everybody put there thumbs-up to XFS when talking about databases (because of
the large file size).

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.