Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL general discussions list - 2010 Thread:Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL general discussions list - 2010 Thread:Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/13/2017 02:13 AM, Raffaele Irlanda wrote:
> Hello People of PostgreSQL,
>
> Unfortunately only nowadays (March 2017), and only by chance I spotted
> this 2010 discussion during a Google search.
>
> Name of discussion:
>
> Wikipedia entry - AmigaOS port - error?
>
> id of message:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/839805.58072.qm%40web23603.mail.ird.yahoo.com
>
> I found strange the doubt Mr. Glyn Astill expressed that Amiga platform
> entry in Wikipedia about availability of PostgreSQL could be an error,
> as he was just unaware that platform had a porting of PostgreSQL even if
> unofficial...
>
> Also I found strange the fact Mr. Tom Lane immediately deleted Amiga
> reference entry on Wikipedia in article regarding RDBMS without
> performing any serious search on Google, lasting more than a couple of
> minutes of true serious search, or maybe asking directly into Amiga
> Forums about PostgreSQL to Amiga Communituy of Users.
>
> Infacts there is a port of PostgreSQL made in the late 2005 (five years
> before your discussion started) present in online Amiga Repository
> AMINET and it was available for the Amiga clone Operating System called
> MorphOS

> http://aminet.net/package/dev/gg/postgresql632-mos-bin
>
> In 2010 it has been sure completely outdated but sure you can see proof
> it exists, and that Amiga had full dignity of being present into
> Wikipedia Article.

I am pretty sure it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems#Operating_system_support

PostgreSQL     Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes (MorphOS)[24]

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com