Re: Clearing global statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Clearing global statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:02, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 00:52, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe this should be "Unrecognized reset target: %s", target, and also
>>> a errhint() saying which targets are allowed. Thoughts?
>>>

>> That seems reasonable.  The other thing I realized is that I forgot to add
>> the new function to the right place in doc/src/sgml/func.sgml :
>>
>>   <indexterm>
>>    <primary>pg_stat_reset_shared</primary>
>>   </indexterm>
>>
>> I can send an updated patch with both of these things fixed tomorrow.  Given
>> that we're talking 5 lines of change here, if it's easier for you to just
>> patch a working copy you've already started on that's fine too.
>
> I can deal with that, I just wanted to make sure we're in agreement.

Applied with agreed upon change and some minor styling/formatting changes.

The mention you have about documentation above is incorrect - the
other pg_stat_xyz functions aren't listed there, so neither should
this one. At least from AFAICT ;)