Re: Ticket 116: application_name new 8.5 feature - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Ticket 116: application_name new 8.5 feature
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
2009/12/28 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
> Hi,
>
> You'll find attached a patch that makes use of this new 8.5 feature. The
> frmStatus window handles a new column on the activity report to show the
> application name. Each pgAdmin's window who owns a connection has a
> specific name (for example "browser (pgAdmin)", "config editor
> (pgAdmin)", "edit grid (pgAdmin)", ...). I don't think we need to add
> pgAdmin's release because there are probably already too much details.
>
> Comments?

Looks good!

I'd much rather have it say "pgAdmin (browser)" etc, though, instead
of "browser (pgAdmin)". Really, the important thing for me as a dba to
know is that it's pgAdmin, so that should be the first and obvious
text.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/