Re: SEO - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: SEO
Date
List pgsql-www

>>> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=156184
>>> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34657
>>
>> I was about to say "we already have that":
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/sitemap.xml
>>
>> but it looks like the script generating that is broken somehow...
>
> That's a static file, not a script :-(
>
> I've updated it. And yes, we should probably turn that into a script :-)

Hmm, it would be good if somebody who knows more about it than me
could confirm this, but it looks like the sitemap needs to contain
*every URL in the docs* to be effective. The one we have now just
contains the root path of each version, but it seems it doesn't apply
to subpages?