Re: Need to omit time during weekends from age calculations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Need to omit time during weekends from age calculations
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> On 6/7/21 3:12 PM, David Gauthier wrote:
>> I'd like to get the "age" difference between two times which span either
>> all or part of a weekend but exclude any time that transpired during the
>> weekend.

I'm a bit suspicious of this problem statement.  I doubt there are many
practical applications where you wouldn't also wish to exclude holidays,
for somebody's definition of holidays.  Of course, that makes it a lot
messier since you need a source of data for that.

            regards, tom lane