Re: Recent vendor SSL renegotiation patches break PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Campbell
Subject Re: Recent vendor SSL renegotiation patches break PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Feb 22, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think we already missed the window where it would have been sensible
> to install a hack workaround for this.  If we'd done that in November
> it might have been reasonable, but by now it's too late for any hack
> we install to spread much faster than fixed openssl libraries.

Could we simply ignore renegotiation errors? Or change them to warnings? That may enable us to work with the semi-fixed
OpenSSLlibraries that are currently in the field, without disabling the functionality altogether.

- Chris