Re: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New Canadian nonprofit for trademark, postgresql.org domain, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Berkus
Subject Re: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New Canadian nonprofit for trademark, postgresql.org domain, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chris,

> Not totally Idle thought: it would be nice if the "holding
> corporation" doesn't need a bank account, as they impose burdens of
> fees (not huge, but not providing us notable value), and more
> importantly, impose administrative burdens. Our banks like to impose
> holds on accounts any time they are left inactive for ~six months,
> which is definitely a pain. It's a pain for my local LUG, which
> normally has financial activity only about once a year.

I'm glad you're on the board of the new NPO.  I wouldn't have known that ... US Banks are different, they *like*
inactivity.

Anyway, something to discuss at the first board meeting of the new NPO.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.