Re: Query Planner Issue - View and regexp_replace? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brandon Kane
Subject Re: Query Planner Issue - View and regexp_replace?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Yes, this turns out to be a volatile user-defined function.  Is there some specific part of the
documentation you can point me to that helps explain why a volatile function might affect the plan
for a column not involved in select or join operations?  I happened to pull this function off a
posting somewhere, so after reviewing the volatility keywords, volatile is clearly not required,
so that will be an easy fix.  I'm still interested in knowing more about how volatility fits into
the query planner.

Thanks for your help.
-Brandon

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs