aix systems for 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From darrenk@insightdist.com (Darren King)
Subject aix systems for 6.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > Another aix user leaving the list...
>
> Whew. I saw the subject and the sender and thought "Oh no! Darren's
> leaving. There goes our AIX support...".

There are still a few active aix people on the lists.  One's that pop
to mind right now...Andreas...is Frank Dana still around?  Who else?

I remember seeing aix in a few bug & install reports the last year or two.

> Anyway, can you confirm or reconfirm or coordinate confirming which AIX
> systems are supported for v6.3?

I'm using 4.1.4.0 successfully.  Frank was keeping 3.2.5 alive/kicking.
One of the install/bug reports during the last year was for 4.2 I think.
I've run the 4.1.4.0 binary on a 4.2 system, but have yet to compile a
4.2 binary.

One of these days I might even get the chance to compile and run postgres
on a 4.3 system, which is IBM's 64-bit release.

So...

AIX 3.2.5   - Frank?
    4.1.4.0 - Working ok.
    4.2 +   - Anyone?