Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp 9.2.24. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp 9.2.24.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 9.2.24 is the last of the 9.2-series, November being the last minor
>> release after the 5-year community support window.

> We already removed 9.2 from the website, though.

[ shrug... ]  Somebody jumped the gun.  Doesn't matter much at
this point, perhaps.  But the actual policy about this is what
it says at https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/:
   The PostgreSQL project aims to fully support a major release for five   years. After its end-of-life (EOL) month
ends,a major version   receives one final minor release. After that final minor release, bug   fixing ceases for that
majorversion.

(That para was recently reworded to be more specific, but this is what the
de facto policy has been since we established the five-year target.)