Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sep 4, 2006, at 4:45 , Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Another question.  Is this result correct?
>
>     test=> select '999 months 999 days'::interval / 100;
>             ?column?
>     -------------------------
>      9 mons 38 days 40:33:36
>     (1 row)
>
> Should that be:
>
>      9 mons 39 days 16:33:36

Yeah, I think it should be. I had been thinking of treating the month
and day component as having separate time contributions, but it makes
more sense to think of month as a collection of days first, integral
or no, and then cascade down the fractional portion of the combined
days component to time. I.e., 9.99 mon is 9 mon 29.7 days, rather
than 9 mon 29 days 60480 sec.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net