Re: Important 7.0.* fix to ensure buffers are released - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Important 7.0.* fix to ensure buffers are released
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> One of the reason why we see the bug often in 7.0 seems to be
> the following change which was applied to temprel.c before 7.0.
> remove_all_temp_relations() always called AbortOutAnyTransaction()
> before the change.

Bingo!  So actually there was an abort-transaction call buried in the
shutdown process.  I wondered why we didn't see more problems...

Anyway, I've added an AbortOutOfAnyTransaction() call to postgres.c,
so the behavior should be more straightforward now.

            regards, tom lane