Re: BUG #11829: pgcrypto doc bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #11829: pgcrypto doc bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
jeff.janes@gmail.com writes:
> pgp_sym_encrypt is documented to have an enable-session-key option.

> But that option does not seem to exist, and as far as I can tell it never
> has existed.

> jjanes=# select pgp_sym_encrypt('foo','bar','enable-session-key=1');
> ERROR:  Illegal argument to function

A look at set_arg() suggests that the spelling of that option is really
"sess-key" ... Marko, is that correct?

I also notice that there are a bunch of undocumented options with
names beginning "expect-".  Should those be documented, and if so
could we get some text for that?

            regards, tom lane