Re: after restore the size of the database is increased - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexey Bashtanov
Subject Re: after restore the size of the database is increased
Date
List pgsql-general

> Hi all,
> this should be trivial, but if I dump and restore the very same
> database the restored one is bigger than the original one.
> I did vacuumed the database foo, then dumped and restored into bar,
> and the latter, even when vacuumed, remains bigger then the original
> one.
> No other activity was running on the cluster.

I can also think of toast data rearranged differently after dump-restore,
accidentally in such a way that it's packed into pages more efficiently.

Not that the probability of such a behavior is very high though.

Best regards,
   Alexey