Re: Synonyms in doc search - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Synonyms in doc search
Date
List pgsql-www
> On 14 Oct 2018, at 18:47, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 1:15 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> wrote:
> Is is possible to add synonyms (in some way, or similar functionality) to the
> docs search in order to promote content?  I just searched for TLS in the v10
> docs and the number one hit, out of meagre 7 in total, is the 9.1.17 release
> notes.  If I instead search for SSL there are 130 hits with the first one being
> the relevant page.  Personally I know the reason for this, but a newcomer is
> unlikely to.
>
> We don't have the ability to do this specifically for the docs search, but we could do it globally across either all
thewebsite search or even all the website + all the archives. A bit of a pain to reindex the archives (especially since
Ijust did it a couple of days ago, see note on -www about downtime), but the website part should be quick. It's just a
tsearchsynonym dictionary...

> If we do want to do that, we may want to give some thought to if we should add any more synonoyms at the same time?

I see, I was hoping it would be a simpler fix.  I still think TLS should be
added as a synonym, but there is no rush of course.  Whenever indexing happens
next would be good.

cheers ./daniel