Re: conditional rules VS 1 unconditional rule with multiple commands? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: conditional rules VS 1 unconditional rule with multiple commands?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27 May 2010, at 12:36, Davor J. wrote:

> I just wonder whether the two are equivalent from user perspective: As far
> as I see, you can always rewrite a multi-command rule as a conditional rule
> and vice versa. Further more, Postgres seems to execute all the conditional
> rules, just as if it would execute all the commands in the one unconditional
> rule. So, I just wonder if there is any use in using conditionals in rules
> over one multi-command rule?

I think if you want any meaningful answers you should start by explaining what exactly you mean by <subject>. An
examplewould help.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4bff0ec010411146380094!