Re: replication in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: replication in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 26, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Chris Browne wrote:

> erik@myemma.com (Erik Jones) writes:
>> Since no one's mentioned it, and while I don't have any personal
>> experience with it, I thought I'd mention the recently released
>> Bucardo (http://bucardo.org/) as another Postgres replication option.
>
> It's Yet Another Asynchronous Replication System, ergo as
> unsatisfactory for "forcibly real time" requirements as any of the
> other async systems...

True.  But, as has been pointed out by others, people often ask for
synchronous replication when they don't really realize what that is
or what it implies and, since they're often willing to revise their
requirements once they do, I thought it'd be nice (to the Bucardo
guys at least) to point out  Bucardo as a viable replication option.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888