Logical Replication and table bloat - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Fernández
Subject Logical Replication and table bloat
Date
Re: Logical Replication and table bloat  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Yesterday we stumbled upon a performance issue that we were not expecting. We are replicating our database using AWS
DMSwhich uses logical replication to capture changes. We have some hot tables that get updated very regularly and with
theDMS turned on we started noticing that in those table, table bloat increased considerably ~15 times more free_tuples
thanthe average.

When doing logical replication, the subscriber will hold the tuples that could be flagged for reuse until they are sent
?Just trying to understand a little bit better how the logical replication is affecting the vacuuming.

Thanks before hand!

Best,
Martín