Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-01-09 16:50, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That would disable psql's tab completion, command editing, and history
>> altogether, which I doubt is what you want for production builds.
>> If we conclude we can't work around the testing issues for ancient
>> libedit, probably the right answer is to provide a switch to
>> disable just the test.  I've been trying to dance around that
>> conclusion, but maybe we should just do it and move on.

> I think he means something like
>     make check with_readline=no
> not for the actual build.

Oh, I see.  I'd rather not codify that though, because it risks
problems if that symbol ever gets used any other way.  I was
thinking of making the test script check for some independent
environment variable, say SKIP_READLINE_TESTS.