Re: on placeholder entries in view rule action query's range table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: on placeholder entries in view rule action query's range table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> What about also including a dump from an old version, too ?
> Then the upgrade test can test actual upgrades.

The BF clients already do that (if enabled), but they work from
up-to-date installations of the respective branch tips.  I'd not
want to have some branches including hypothetical output of
other branches, because it'd be too easy for those files to get
out of sync and deliver misleading answers.