Re: R: Field's position in Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yaroslav Tykhiy
Subject Re: R: Field's position in Table
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20/08/2009, at 7:24 PM, vinny wrote:

> I can't really think of any real reason to put the field at a
> particular
> position, applications
> don't reallty care about the order of fields.

... unless an application is brain-damaged by its using a wildcard
select, which is a well-known no-no even for home-made scripts, as it
has already been pointed out here.  My point here being that
applications' robustness to apparent field order, like liberty,
shouldn't be taken for granted: it needs to be explicitly minded,
protected and sometimes fought for. :-)

Yar