Re: PG11 to PG14 Migration Slowness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG11 to PG14 Migration Slowness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vigneshk Kvignesh <krrvignesh2@gmail.com> writes:
>       I'm migrating  our existing PG instances from PG11.4  to PG14.3. I
> have around 5 Million Tables in a single database. When migrating using
> pg_upgrade, its taking 3 hours for the process to complete. I'm not sure if
> its the intended behaviour or we're missing something here.

There was some work done in v15 to make pg_dump deal better with
zillions of tables.  Don't know if you can consider retargeting
to v15, or how much the speedups would help in your particular
situation.

Why are you using 14.3, when the current release is 14.6?