Re: pgAdmin 1.0-beta2 numeric(12,3) displayed as numeric(...,2) in View Data filtered - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Temp key: basic, via spamcop
Subject Re: pgAdmin 1.0-beta2 numeric(12,3) displayed as numeric(...,2) in View Data filtered
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 7/17/16 at 11:57 PM, Melvin Davidson melvin6925-at-yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm pretty sure it would be more helpful if you provided:A. The
>structure of the table(s) involved.B. The actual query you used to
>retrieve the data.C. Did you run the query in PgAdmin Query Tool or
>psql ? Melvin Davidson I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or
>not you wish to share my fantasy is entirely up to you.
No need for fantasy, so nothing to share.

I thought I was providing a simple report of a display bug in a
beta release product with sufficient evidence to prove there is
a problem and nothing more. I am trusting such bug reports are
welcome on this list. Otherwise please let me know where I
should be posting.

While I'm not sure how additional information would be helpful,
since no additional information changes the discrepancy between
the data type and its display, I am answering the questions:

The pgAdmin 4 screen shot snippet showed the "amount" column as
"numeric(12,3)" and the tabulated data below this header has
only two decimal places.    The pgAdmin 4 query:    SELECT * FROM accounts.transactions    WHERE transaction_ref=1506
ORDER BY transaction_ref,transaction_line

The psql screen shot snippet showed the underlying data does
have some non-zero digits in the third decimal place. ANd psql
displays the data to thee decimal places as per data type definition.    The psql query:    SELECT * FROM
accounts.transactionsWHERE transaction_ref=1506;

The table definition:    CREATE TABLE accounts.transactions    (        tax_code character(1) COLLATE
"default".pg_catalogNOT NULL,        transaction_ref integer NOT NULL,        transaction_line integer NOT NULL,
account_itemchar_short_key COLLATE
"default".pg_catalog NOT NULL,        amount numeric(12, 3),        job char_short_key COLLATE "default".pg_catalog NOT

NULL DEFAULT 0,        transaction_memo text COLLATE "default".pg_catalog
DEFAULT ''::text,        alt_ledger character(6) COLLATE "default".pg_catalog,        CONSTRAINT transactions_pkey
PRIMARYKEY
(transaction_line, transaction_ref),        CONSTRAINT transactions_account_item_fkey FOREIGN KEY (account_item)
   REFERENCES accounts.account_items (account_item)
MATCH SIMPLE            ON UPDATE CASCADE            ON DELETE RESTRICT,        CONSTRAINT transactions_alt_ledger_fkey
FOREIGNKEY (alt_ledger)            REFERENCES accounts.ledgers (ledger) MATCH SIMPLE            ON UPDATE CASCADE
    ON DELETE RESTRICT            DEFERRABLE,        CONSTRAINT transactions_job_fkey FOREIGN KEY (job)
REFERENCESaccounts.jobs (job) MATCH SIMPLE            ON UPDATE CASCADE            ON DELETE RESTRICT,
CONSTRAINTtransactions_ref_fkey FOREIGN KEY (transaction_ref)            REFERENCES accounts.transaction_refs
(transaction_ref) MATCH SIMPLE            ON UPDATE CASCADE            ON DELETE NO ACTION            DEFERRABLE
INITIALLYDEFERRED,        CONSTRAINT transactions_tax_code_fkey FOREIGN KEY (tax_code)            REFERENCES
accounts.taxcodes(tax_code) MATCH SIMPLE            ON UPDATE CASCADE            ON DELETE RESTRICT    )    WITH (
 OIDS = FALSE    )    TABLESPACE pg_default;

Regards
Gavan Schneider