Time of 'pg_ctl reload'. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexi Gen
Subject Time of 'pg_ctl reload'.
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you Michael!

I have another question - related to this.
If I make changes to the postgresql.conf and then do a 'pg_ctl reload', how do I get the date & time of this event?

Cheers!
Alexi Gen

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:53:32AM -0700, Alexi Gen wrote:
> Is there a table/view available from where I can check what time the cluster was started?
> Need this to calculate the uptime of the cluster.

In PostgreSQL 8.1 and later you can run these queries to get the start
time and uptime:

SELECT pg_postmaster_start_time();
SELECT now() - pg_postmaster_start_time();

--
Michael Fuhr