Re: Git tag for v15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Git tag for v15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If for whatever reason a problem is found before the tag has been
> posted, then a new Git commit is chosen and a new tarball published.
> The tag will then match the new commit, not the original obviously.
> I don't know what would happen if a problem were to be found *after* the
> tag has been pushed; normally that would just mean the fix would have to
> wait until the next minor version in that branch.  It would have to be
> something really serious in order for this process to be affected.
> As far as I know, this has never happened.

I don't think it's happened since we adopted Git, anyway.  The plan
if we did have to re-wrap at that point would be to increment the version
number(s), since not doing so would probably create too much confusion
about which tarballs were the correct ones.