Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-08-05 14:05:24 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>> So unless somebody protests I'm going to prepare (and commit after
>> posting) a patch to rip out the bits of code that currently depend on
>> PG_USE_INLINE.

> Here's that patch. I only removed code dependant on PG_USE_INLINE. We
> might later want to change some of the harder to maintain macros to
> inline functions, but that seems better done separately.

Hmm.  I notice that this removes Noah's hack from commit c53f73879f552a3c.
Do we care about breaking old versions of xlc, and if so, how are we going
to fix that?  (I assume it should be possible to override AC_C_INLINE's
result, but I'm not sure where would be a good place to do so.)