Re: qsort (was Re: Solaris) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dalgoda@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Subject Re: qsort (was Re: Solaris)
Date
List pgsql-general
In article <26779.1051629468@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
Tom Lane  <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>I agree on that --- but when it's provable that we do know better than a
>*particular* OS, dropping in the BSD qsort seems like an easy win.  Can
>anyone back up Mark's finding that the BSD qsort is quicker than glibc's?

Better yet:  Anyway of running performance tests from configure?

Would a simple counter in the compare function be sufficient to determine
the speed?

mrc

--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/