Postgresql performance and tuning questions - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Given, Robert A
Subject Postgresql performance and tuning questions
Date
List pgsql-admin

Greetings,

We are beginning a project to use Postgresql 7.4.2 on zLinux SLES9
The application of interest is uPortal 2.4.3.

I'm interested in learning about any changes you've made to your Postgresql DB to prepare it for uPortal? What sizing changes were made? Were there any performance and tuning changes made than what was delivered with Linux? If so, what were the metrics used to determine the appropriate settings? At what workloads levels have you been seeing?

I'd like to get this type of information from any organization that uses this application with Postgresql. I'd will be willing to share my results and findings as well.

TIA, Bob

Bob Given
Database Administrator
Boston University