Re: Postmaster fails in select() in strange way - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postmaster fails in select() in strange way
Date
List pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Zbigniew_Zag=F3rski?= <zbigg@filmzone.pl> writes:
> postgres[89874]: [1-1] LOG:  XX000: select() failed in postmaster: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Wow, that's bizarre.

> After closing all connections, postmaster exits leaving no message in
> logs - these above are last before postmaster dies.

Yeah, the postmaster just throws up its hands and quits.  Everything
you've said follows directly from the unexpected select() failure.

> Does it look like OS or PostgreSQL bug?

I'd say definitely an OS bug.  Time to enlist some FreeBSD hackers.

            regards, tom lane