ALTER TABLE & COLUMN - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Çağıl Şeker
Subject ALTER TABLE & COLUMN
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am surprised by the fact that altering tables and columns is so limited in PostgreSQL, this powerful DBMS! Changing
columntypes and droping columns are missing important features I think.

I am corious about the rationale behind these design decisions. Are they high-end features for a DBMS? And if they are
beingplanned to be included in a future version, in which version and when if it's possible, they will be implemented?

Thanks for that powerful DBMS; it is superb on all other aspects!

Cagil SEKER
Software Engineer
BizNet Information Technology Systems and Consulting