Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in joinrels.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in joinrels.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
> On 08/05/2015 02:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
>>> Set join_collapse_limit = 32 and you should see the error.

>> Ah ... now I get that error on the smaller query, but the larger one
>> (that you put in an attachment) still doesn't show any problem.
>> Do you have any other nondefault settings?

> Sorry, that needs from_collapse_limit = 32 as well.

Yeah, I assumed as much, but it still doesn't happen for me.  Possibly
something platform-dependent in statistics, or something like that.

Anyway, I fixed the problem exposed by the smaller query; would you
check that the larger one is okay for you now?