Re: Unexpected query plan results - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Dutcher
Subject Re: Unexpected query plan results
Date
Re: Unexpected query plan results
List pgsql-performance
> From: Anne Rosset
> Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Unexpected query plan results
> >

> Thank Dave. We are using postgresql-server-8.2.4-1PGDG and
> have work-mem set to 20MB.
> What value would you advise?
> thanks,
>
> Anne

Work-mem is kind of tricky because the right setting depends on how much ram
your machine has, is the machine dedicated to postgres, and how many
simultaneous connections you have.  If this is a test server, and not used
in production, you could just play around with the setting and see if your
query gets any faster.

Here are the docs on work mem

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-resource.html#
RUNTIME-CONFIG-RESOURCE-MEMORY