Re: $libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: $libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Carlo Stonebanks
<stonec.register@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> "PostgreSQL 8.3.6, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400"
>
> I see the log entries for 'loaded library
> "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"'
>
> Is there any cost or downside associated with this? There are suspicions the
> server is quite the CPU hog.

Noone has ever measured or noticed any real cost that I'm aware of.
Obviously there will be some though, so if you're not using the
debugger and you are concerned just remove plugin_debugger from the
shared_libraries_preload line in postgresql.conf.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do