Re: How to use SSH tunnels with pgAdmin? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: How to use SSH tunnels with pgAdmin?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Ken Winter <ken@sunward.org> wrote:
> Thanks, Dave.
>
> Following this lead, I tried to set up a SSH tunnel session using:
>
> a. PuTTY,
>
> b. my host's (WebFaction.com) instructions at
> http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/databases.html#accessing-a-database-re
> motely, and
>
> c. the pgAdmin instructions at
> http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/38-PuTTY-for-SSH-T
> unneling-to-PostgreSQL-Server.html.
>
> The setup and the results are shown in the screen shots in the attached
> doc1.doc:
>
> 1. The PuTTY setup, following the WF instructions.
> 2. The result when I try to connect via PuTTY, using the database name and
> password.
> 3. The setup in pgAdmin, following the pgAdmin instructions.
> 4. The verbose error message I get from pgAdmin, which would probably be
> helpful if I understood any of it.
>
> I'm hoping you can help me connect whatever dots I'm missing.

Probably not because I've never tried it myself, except on unix systems.

BTW, you'll find that most people here, myself included, won't open an
unsolicited Word document. I would suggest posting your screenshots as
PNG graphics files.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do