Re: PG Windows - Installer Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PG Windows - Installer Error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
>>> After selecting retry, the install process completes successfully.
>>
>> That's not necessarily a problem, it usually means something was still
>> using that DLL. pgAgent maybe, or pgAdmin?
>

> In my case, the only thing that may have been open was an ODBC
> connection from MS-Access.  However, I'm pretty sure that all client
> applications were closed when I attempted the up-grade.  Would this
> produce it?

Possibly, if the ODBC had loaded libpq, and something hadn't yet
closed. In any case, something went awry, and the installer dealt with
it appropriately, so I'm happy :-)

--
Dave Page