Re: pgAdmin3 icon - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin3 icon
Date
Re: pgAdmin3 icon
List pgadmin-hackers
2009/12/8 Jean-Michel Pouré <jmpoure@free.fr>:
> Le mardi 08 décembre 2009 à 14:27 +0000, Dave Page a écrit :
>> > Ah bo***cks.  That was supposed to contain 512, 256, 128, 32 and 16
>> sizes.
>> > Not sure how to create a decent looking one then.
>
> Dear Dave,
>
> Here is the SVG logo with shadow:
> http://www.poure.com/images/pgadmin3.svg
>
> The source file without shadow was found on:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089
>
> As for icons, it is better to have shadows.

I think the problem is that the image is just too complex to scale
nicely below about 48x48 without some expert tweaking. 32x32 starts to
look a little rough, and 16x16 just looks terrible.

I wonder if we need to start with a less complex version, like the
one-colour elephant.

--
Dave Page