Re: [pgsql-www] UKPUG and using the PUGs site - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] UKPUG and using the PUGs site
Date
Re: [pgsql-www] UKPUG and using the PUGs site  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> wrote:

> This may sound like a dumb idea, but how about registering community
> members by location and showing them as markers on a  Google Map?  We
> could get a clearer idea of user distribution then.

'Community members' are a small subset of 'users', which is the
problem. We know who the community members are, but not most of the
users.

FYI, we used to have a location map of developers a few years back,
but it was hard to maintain and got abandoned. It might be interesting
to reproduce that now we have more usable tools like Google Maps.

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start