Re: Bug in pgadmin3 windows v1.8.4 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Bug in pgadmin3 windows v1.8.4
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:55 AM, <mikew3456@gmail.com> wrote:
> Heres the issue
>
> Originally I had postgres 8.2 installed. Then I uninstalled it from
> add/remove programs, deleted the postgres user account, and then installed
> 8.3 one click installer. Then I uninstalled that and used the pgInstaller
> package.
>
> As you can see from this screenshot, apparently pgAdmin isnt aware that the
> old versions have been uninstalled:

Yes, that's correct. It discovers local installations, but doesn't
'undiscover' them if they go. Doing so would not be helpful, because
there are settings that aren't discovered which may be lost if you
were between uninstall/reinstall and had to start pgAdmin for some
reason.

--
Dave Page