Re: Windows installation service - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Windows installation service
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Dann Corbit <DCorbit@connx.com> wrote:

> I don't know the reason why, but that is not what happens here.
>
> We see the problem on 64-bit machines with Windows 2008 Server.
> We see the problem on 32-bit machine with Windows 2003 Server.
> We see the problem on 32-bit Windows XP machines.
> It is universal (all of these machines demonstrate the problem).
>
> I did get this email from Mike McKee this morning:
>
> "I noticed a pattern.
>
> The first time it works, and can shutdown.
>
> The second time is where it kind of hangs ...."

So what is unusual about your machines that makes this happen for you,
but apparently noone else we've heard of? Are you running on a domain?
Any nonstandard security policy or other configuration?

I know Connx have experience developing on Windows, so can one of you
attach a debugger and see why the WaitForMultipleObjects() call in
pg_ctl doesn't work on your systems?

--
Dave Page