Re: Support for sslverify - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Support for sslverify
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> We've seen it here and Dave reported to me on IM that he has received
> further reports of people getting stuck by the new 8.4 SSL code that
> verifies server certificates by default.
>
> I think this will happen for example for everybody who has their pg on a
> debian server and their client elsewhere, for example, since debian
> enables a snakeoil SSL cert by default (which in itself is a pretty bad
> idea, but it's what they do)
>

> Should we provide an option to override this (connection option
> sslverify) in the connection dialog? And is it something we need to do
> for this version (yes, I know it's already in beta..)

There's support for this in libpq aready? If so, then please go ahead
and fix pgAdmin :-)

Note that the server connection diagloue is already pretty much at the
maximum height, so any changes there will probably need to include
splitting of the tabset.

--
Dave Page