Re: pgAdmin v1.10.0 Beta 1 available for testing - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin v1.10.0 Beta 1 available for testing
Date
List pgadmin-support
[Removing extra lists]

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Just gave it a whirl on windows I get;
>
> An error has occoured:
>
> Error connection to the server: root certificate file "C:\Documents and Settings\<SNIP>\Application
Data/postgresql/root.crt"does not exist.

> At a guess, maybe something to do with the forward slashes? Else its user error and I apologise ;)

Hi Glyn,

This isn't really a bug, it's the enhanced security in PostgreSQL 8.4.
Basically, libpq (which pgAdmin uses to talk to the server) is trying
and failing to validate the SSL certificate that the server is using.
There needs to be a copy of the CA's root certificate on the client so
it can verify the server is who/what it claims to be.

I've reported the mixed slashes thing to the author of that code who
happens to on the other end of an IM client at the moment :-)

--
Dave Page