Re: Prepping to break every past release... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Prepping to break every past release...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

> Other than some experiments in getting it to load on 8.2, there hasn't
> been any serious work done on it since May 2005, which is when it was
> presented (and shot down) on -hackers.

If memory serves (and it may not - I'm practically brain dead from
reviewing a large pgAdmin patch all day) - much of the 'shooting down'
was at the suggestion that pgAdmin (and the like) should stop using
the catalogues directly and should use newsysviews instead. I still
maintain that'll never happen, but that doesn't mean that newsysviews
wouldn't be useful for other classes of user. Perhaps pgsql-general
would be a better place to poll.

--
Dave Page