Re: Fwd: [webmaster] News on postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Fwd: [webmaster] News on postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi Melanie

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Melanie <melanie@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I tend to be very good at being organizationally anal retentive :-) and
> wonder if some of these occurrences I see on the lists saying "we really
> should document who does these things" might be something I could help with?
>  I'd need some initial direction, and I'd certainly ask for a while that I'd
> be viewed as someone here to be your individual helper vs me trying to play
> control freak.  Of course, I'd hope never to become control freak :-) but
> I'd eventually become self sufficient enough that a note dropped here and
> there would take care of it.
> Thoughts??

I'm not sure the documentation is the main issue here - it's a couple
of minutes work to put it on the management wiki once the info has
bubbled back to the top of my brain. Most other things that we
document (for example server configs) are done at build time by the
person doing the build - it would take anyone else three times as
long.

What we could perhaps use is someone who can go through the moderation
interface of the website once a week or so on a regular basis and
handle any items that have been missed by the normal moderators who
work in response to notification emails. Is that something you'd be
interested in doing?

--
Dave Page