Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 17:27 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> > In general, we have always regretted it in the past when we chose to
>> > slip a release waiting for a specific feature...
>>
>> I don't recall such a time - though perhaps the last time it happened
>> was before I was so heavily involved in the release process (ie. 7.x).
>> What were the reasons for regretting it?
>
> 8.2 suffered from horrendous slip.

It wasn't delayed for a specific feature though was it? Just because
there was so much in the queue it took far longer than planned. Plus
it was originally intended as a half-length cycle which clearly didn't
work for a number of reasons.

--
Dave Page