Re: Warning about the 8.4 release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Warning about the 8.4 release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:

>> 243 seems like a priority for release :-p

[GENERAL] happy holidays, christmas etc.,

>> 253 was a website issue that's been fixed.

[pgsql-www] Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Problem with "File Browser" link on
downloadspage

>> 158 was fixed this morning by pure chance.

Re: [BUGS] BUG #4538: shared memory

> Can you give subject lines on this?

Yikes, I didn't spot that the numbers could change. Seems to make them
kinda useless.

> I didn't mean for people to
> actually start working on items, but rather just to see the scope of the
> problem.

Well, I don't think we are seeing the scope of the problem, given that
we've had 20+ false non-problems spotted within a few minutes of your
list being posted. Once it's cleaned up we'll see the scope of the
problem (not that I believe we have one - I think we have what is
shaping up to be a superb release, if a touch later than originally
planned).

BTW, the missing bug is
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-11/msg00106.php

--