Re: PGCon 2008 RFP - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira
<euler@timbira.com> wrote:
> Dave Page escreveu:
>> We also managed to get all the slides in advance or on the day for PG
>> UK - they were on the wiki the following morning. I forget what type
>> of carrot/whip we used that time.
>>
> We did the same at PGCon Brazil. But our motivation was to concatenate all
> lightining talks with some standard slides between them. So speakers didn't
> need to worry about setting up their laptops and we didn't waste time. We
> asked all speakers to send their presentations in pdf format; so AFAIR we used
> ghostscript to put all of them together.

We didn't go quite that far or PG EU - some of the decks were quite
complex Power Points, and one even included the talk itself as the
presenter couldn't attend in person. I simply wanted to make sure we
had everything ready to roll on one machine.

The PG UK ones were full length talks - the motivation there was
purely to get them on the wiki.

--
Dave Page