Re: [pgadmin-support] Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only, it's too bad that you can't update the records from the "view data"
> dialog.
> It works in access2000, it doesn't know the difference between views and
> tables (the difference is actually very small).
> You probably get some annoying error when you try to edit a normal select
> view from access, though.

Yeah, it's actually pretty hard to do in pgAdmin, because we have no
easy way of telling what the effects of the update are.

*thinks* - I wonder if we can use RETURNING for that now...

--
Dave Page