Re: Are there plans to display memory usage: pg_buffercache - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Are there plans to display memory usage: pg_buffercache
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Jean-Michel, hope you are well.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm@poure.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> Hello everyone. Nice to talk to you again.
>
> Just out of interest, I would like to know if there are plans to display
> PostgreSQL 8.3+ memory usage in pgAdmin to help optimize memory size and
> indexes. There is an interesting contrib module called pg_buffercache
> that could be usefull if integrated in a nice display. Maybe this would
> help pg_buffercache reach PostgreSQL core.

There are no current plans that I know of.

> If someone is interested in picking up this contrib module, I can help
> for the necessary queries.

Well I think we'd be happy to accept patches for this, but we're all
pretty busy at the moment, so I doubt any of us will have time to do
the work for this release :-(

Can we coax you back into some pgAdmin hacking? I know it's been a few
years, but it's like riding a bike - you never forget how :-)

--
Dave Page