Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)
Date
List pgadmin-support
2008/11/25 Csaba Együd <csegyud@gmail.com>:

> Yes, I do use CREATE TEMPORARAY TABLE statement and I know that temp table
> lives only during the sessionor transaction. This is what I need.
> I meant that I'd like pgAdmin3 to use the same session both in the query
> tool and
> the view data tool to be able to use the temp table while modifying the data
> via view data tool.

That's simply not possible. It would blow up extremely quickly - as
soon as you set a GUC that the main browser wasn't expecting, or the
browser tried to run a query whilst you were (or vice-versa). You
could implement some kind of queuing mechanism of course, but that
would significantly reduce usability as everything would bottleneck
around a single connection.

--
Dave Page